After an extra two-day break, thanks to the polar vortex that has frozen the Midwest, Spring 2014 is ready to launch here at Ohio State.
I can’t wait for us to get started.
Although much will be familiar in the new semester, even more will be new, and our courses continue to grow and evolve with the changing face of the industry for which we prepare our students.
The break brought the time and space for some exciting new projects:
- Creating a new iTunes U course for Magazine Writing;
- Starting a new interactive multi-touch textbook for that course, which will be ready for the fall;
- Joining my friends in the Scholastic Journalism Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication in Nashville for a mid year meeting;
- Giving the keynote lecture on the Flipped Classroom for the Ohio State Library In-Service Day;
- Securing a speaking spot at SXSWedu for the chance to show the world the exciting online learning opportunities being offered at Ohio State;
- Working on three new presentation projects that will involve local, national and international exposure for how we use iTunes U and iPads to enhance education.
To those who are new to the Kraft Comm Classes, welcome to our family. Those who are returning for another fun-filled learning challenge, welcome home.
I promise it will be an educational–and exciting–ride.